Friday 31 July 2015

Alpro SOYA Biscuit Dessert

First of all, let me say that I'm not sure what exactly the dessert is called. Google suggests gingerbread, but the picture on the package and the Estonian translation say otherwise. So does my "taste palette". So I'm going with a biscuit/cookie soy dessert.



Formalities aside, what did it taste like? Well, I'm definitely not an expert in vegan desserts, but I have tried a few soy bean products. This dessert/pudding, however, didn't taste like plants. The best way I could think to describe it would be watery (not creamy and rich tasting like milk or cream based desserts), buttery biscuit flavoured pudding. It's very smooth, and I would say it does satisfy a craving for pudding. Of course it's not comparable to a real one, but if you're lactose intolerant, it would be a great substitute. The dessert comes in a 125 gram package, and they're grouped into 4. The product is gluten, nut, and GMO free.

From the top: energy, fat, of which saturated fat, carbs, of which sugars,
fiber, protein, sodium; calcium, vitamin D, B2, B12
(and percentages of daily recommended intake)

Verdict: It's a good choice if you're looking for a lactose free substitute for a thick dessert, but a poor one if you want something amazing tasting. It does have that lovely biscuit taste, but the depth of flavour is missing. It's sold at room temperature, but I would definitely refrigerate it to make it more familiar tasting (as I'm used to eating milk based pudding).

I need a better ending line than

Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment