Tuesday 25 August 2015

Da Vinci Pasta ja Pizza // Da Vinci Pasta and Pizza

"Da Vinci Pasta and Pizza is an Italian restaurant in a fast casual style." They offer 100% Italian style dishes, made almost in full of Italian ingredients, and homemade gelato. They have locations in Pärnu and Tallinn.

I visited their restaurant in the Rocca Al Mare shopping centre. As it was lunch time, it was almost at full capacity. I chose to have whole grain pasta with freshly made Da Vinci pesto sauce (täistera pasta värske Da Vinci pestoga) (you can choose between whole grain and white pasta with every pasta dish). I was served spaghetti with green pesto, cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, and a few arugula leaves. You could also add some grated Parmesan cheese yourself. I find the last little fact very pleasing, as I am not the biggest fan of Parmesan. In addition, they bring ciabatta and soft butter to the table. The meal was very nice, simple, but had all the right flavours. In my opinion, whole grain pasta makes every pasta dish several times better, and this was the case this time, too. Toasted pine nuts gave great crunch, tomato extra freshness. It cost 5,50€.

Final verdict: 9 out of 10. I could say I was very hungry, but the food was truly very good. I could have payed even more for it. Definitely something I could crave and go back for more.

Info at www.davincifood.ee.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment