Saturday 15 August 2015

Restoran SEVAN // Restaurant SEVAN

SEVAN is an Armenian restaurant that after 7 years in Jõelähtme (25 km from Tallinn) moved to Tallinn city centre, near the harbour, in early 2015. It also offers flexible catering services.



My visit this time was for yet another casual lunch. I wanted to have something "healthier" after eating sweets in the cinema, so I ordered a warm grill salad (soe grillsalat), believing it would be just some grilled vegetables thrown together. I was wrong. Instead, I got a "salad", or more of a stew you would find served with shashlyk. It reminded me of a jarred salad that was just warmed up. The baby food like consistency, though, was perfect to devour with free lavash, which unfortunately was cold, and a piece of fine rye bread that I didn't find very Armenian. The salad cost 4,50€.

Final verdict: 5 out of 10. Not too shabby, but nothing special either. Maybe it'd be a good idea to ask what the dishes consist of if you're set on something specific.

Info at www.sevan.ee.

Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment